Well, on sunday march 15Th I woke up at 5:00am and could not open my mouth more that a half inch. I went back to sleep hoping it would go away. It didn't. So there is a orthodontist doctor in Josh's parent's ward and he let me come over on sunday. He said I have TMJ, which means the cartledge in my jaw joint got swollen because I grind or clamp my jaw when I'm asleep. So because it's swollen its blocking the way of my mouth opening more than a half inch. This can last months, but he said if I keep moist heat on it, take ibuprofen every 6 hrs and eat only soft foods it should go away in a week or two. Also I have to avoid talking a lot and chewing. So all I've been able to eat is shakes, smoothies, cream of wheat and other things like that..It sucks way bad! I've already lost 2 lbs. So hopefully it goes away soon so I can eat and talk normal..Right now I talk with a bad lisp cause I can't open my mouth very far, it so annoying. I won't even mention how brushing my teeth goes. Any who hopefully it goes away soon and I hope none of you ever get this very frustrating condition.
6 comments:
O my heck! I have never heard of that before. I can just imagine how hard it would be for you not to talk! so sorry, you poor thing. I hope you are better soon!!! BTW- when we are out for Easter do you think you could come to Ben's gma's house after the easter party and cut my hair maybe? If not that's cool. I just need a trim, so I could get it done anywhere probably.
I have the same condition! I have had it for years and I have found out that if I avoid certain things I don't have as many symptoms. Now I only have it when I'm stressed and clench my jaw while I'm sleeping.
I feel your pain! It really is NOT a fun thing to go though!!!
That sucks Jonny told me that you had that CRAZY!!! Hope you get better soon
So sorry. I hope that everything gets better fast. Kirsha
I hope you get better soon.
BEST DIET EVER! :) Just kidding. That really stinks I hope it goes away soon. By the way Cash is looking cuter every post :)
Post a Comment