Josh Jackie Cash Kaymie & Jolee Johnson

Josh Jackie Cash Kaymie & Jolee Johnson
July 2012

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Lizard

Now that we are living in St. George we have a lot of lizards living in our backyard and front yard and the kids love to watch them and are always trying to catch them....Well one day I thought it would be a good idea to help Cash and the neighborhood kids catch one with their net...I thought it was a fun thing to do, and we would let it go after a few mins...Well we finally caught one and all the kids were so excited....After a few mins of looking at it I told them all it was time to let it go, but one of the girls that helped to catch it was adamant about keeping it until her Dad could come see it..She wasn't listening to me and would not let me hold the net to let it go..Well it had been about an hour with them playing with it and keeping it in the net, and I kept telling them that they needed to let it go now, but the little girl just wouldn't listen and I didn't wanna make her, she's not my child...Well a couple mins later I see the kids screaming and the lizard is running away..I was so happy it finally got away until I came up closer and saw its tail was left behind and twitching around like crazy...It was so gross and so sad. Next thing I know one of the neighbor boys picked up the tail with it still twitching, and is showing it to all the kids...Well the lizard didn't get very far and the kids came to look at it without its tail, I told them to leave it alone and I grabbed Cash and we started to walk away(I didn't want him to see all of that, he is very sensitive to those things and was so upset about the lizards tail falling off) As I'm walking away I hear all the kids start to scream, I turned around and some how the lizard had climbed into one of the little boys shirt, and he was just jumping around and just screaming...And all the other kids screams were now turned into laughter at this little boy which was now in tears...Well finally his mother ran over got the lizard out and set it free into the rocks...I think it was more traumatizing for me than any of the kids, I felt so bad I had helped catch it and now it has no tail and was so scared...I was so worried it would die or something, but Josh said the tail would grow back, that they do that to get away from predators(or in this case kids) So I hope it runs far far away from here and I will no longer be helping any of the kids to catch any more lizards.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the funniest story. We still can't believe you guys are really gone! Hope you guys are all settled in and loving it down there!

Troy and Rachelle said...

LOL!! Sooo funny! Me Troy were both laughing at the thought of you. Super silly! Love & miss you!

brejt said...

That is the best story! Made me smile, thanks!! I hope you all are enjoying your new home!